Friday 2 January 2015

Welcome to the 365 List Project!

  The idea behind the 365 List Project first came to me when I came across a project called '52 Lists' on a popular pinning website. 
  The 52 List project consisted of making one list, per week, for one year - hence it's name '52 Lists'.
  I started to really get into it, although I didn't follow the one list per week. I just decide to fill in each list as and when I felt like it. 
  It became more than just writing a list to me and it got me to thinking about my Grandpa. 
  Just recently we've been trying to find out information about his Grandmother who was born in the 1800's and we're having a struggle as she barely told anyone anything about herself. In them days people just didn't pass information on so easily. 
  We don't know much about her at all and she had what I can only imagine was a fascinating life. She had to leave her job in a big house as she was having a child, my Grandpa's Dad. She had to leave employment and had him in the Workhouse. We don't know who the father was and can only guess. My Gran and me like to believe that he was the Man of the big posh house and that there is some family out there somewhere.
  Because of this it made me want to write somethings down. Personal things for my family to read to get to know me better, for me to pass on to future generations. I'd also like to get my family to take part so I can learn more about them. It also made me think about my niece, as she's approaching being an unruly teenager whom seldom shares little about her own thoughts, I thought this too would be a good project for her to take part in, so she can look back on it later in life but also for me to learn more about her as a person. 
  Not everyone will want to share their own 365 project with others, some will just do it for themselves as I originally set out to do. I set out to just record my own likes and dislikes to learn more about myself and to maybe leave a legacy for others to read long after I'm gone. But I decided this was a far too morbid a way of thinking and decided to create a blog with my idea to share this great idea with others. 

  I got up to about week twenty on the 52 Lists project, when I realised the author of the blog who created '52 Lists' had stopped posting each weeks list, so from then on I decided to just come up with my own as I was enjoying creating these lists. 
  After a few days creating my own list titles I suddenly had more than a total of fifty-two. However I do like things that fit neatly into categories, numbers and patterns so I couldn't just stop on a random number and I decided to find something definitive and came up with my very own '365 List Project'.
  So here I had it; one list for each day, for one year! 
What now I thought...?

  Well I was sat at the Sunday dinner table a few days later with my family and it happened to be my birthday. My lovely Aunt had bought me a deliciously beautiful Cath Kidston scrapbook and my Grandmother had bought me a list-making tear-off-page desk-pad, (they both know me so well!) both of which got me to thinking back to my project.
  So when I got home I sat down with my scraps of paper from all the list making I had been doing, took out my new scrapbook and desk pad and set to work.

I haven't yet filled in my scrapbook as it happens I'm waiting until i've finished all three-hundred and sixty-five lists!



 I am going to post one list each day of 2015. And don't worry I won't get bored and stop sharing as I already have each days list organised and just waiting to be formatted and posted.



Enjoy yourselves and feel free to get in touch with any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you!

Note: please be nice this blog is just for enjoyment it's not a place to rant or bully.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments but please keep them polite. Thank-you!